When you need some comfort food what is better than turkey meatloaf? The problem is that traditional meatloaf is loaded with fat and unnecessary calories, a dish that can really latch onto your hips and thighs.
This healthy version of turkey meatloaf doesn’t skimp on flavor and you can jazz it up by adding your favorite topping. Serve it up with some grilled veggies or a salad and you’ll have a meal that is filling and satisfying too.
Dig in and you’ll get a hefty does of comfort and nutrition. This no-fuss recipe will have your whole family begging you to add it to your weekly meal plan.
You can enjoy this delicious turkey meatloaf any time while living The 17 Day Diet lifestyle.
Turkey Meatloaf- 17 Day Diet Approved
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking bulgur
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp salt-free Italian spice or your favorite seasoning blend
- 1.2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bring 3/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Place the bulgur in a large blender, core and blend until finely ground, about 1 minute.
- Pour the ground bulgur into the boiling water, cover and set aside OFF the heat until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Position your oven rack so it's in the center of the over and preheat your over to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Once the bulgur is cool, pour it into a large bowl and fluff it with a fork.
- Mix in the ground turkey, egg white, mustard, spice blend, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix it together and form the mixture into a loaf.
- Place the loaf into your baking dish and cook until browned, about 50 minutes.
- Take the meatloaf out of the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Jazz it up by adding topping your meatloaf with topping your meatloaf with 2 tsps. of either dijon mustard, sugar-free barbecue or tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce or even sugar-free ketchup!
- Bulgur is a great substitute for bread crumbs but if you're in a hurry you can use cooked quinoa (1 cup).
- Make the bulgur a day ahead of time so when you get home from work you just need to throw everything together and sit back and relax while dinner cooks.