If you’re looking for something to cool you down this Summer, then Dr. Mike’s Summer Snap Pea Salad is the perfect solution!
It’s bright, crisp, crunchy and oh so refreshing.
And, this salad is about as simple as it can get. Chop up the veggies, mix-up the dressing and you’re all done. From fridge to table in just 15 minutes!
Plus, it’s the perfect salad for a picnic or family barbecue. All you have to do is double (or triple!) the ingredients to serve a larger group.
Our favorite thing about this recipe is that all of the ingredients are healthy and approved for ALL cycles of the 17 Day Diet.
This means, you’re not only enjoying a delish dish, you’re enjoying a HEALTHY and delish dish. Isn’t always more rewarding to serve friends and family something healthy?
Trust us, when you share.
Snap Pea Salad
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 5 mint leaves coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove finely minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (dill, thyme, oregano, chives, etc.)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin oil
Snap Pea Salad
- Wash the peas, then trim off the stems and remove the strings from the pods.
- Cut the peas in half on the diagonal.
- Combine the peas, onion, cucumber, and mint in a bowl and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 5-Minute Dressing and toss again.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the olive oil.
- When well-mixed, add the oil and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Use as much as desired for the salad, and store the rest in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
SUMMER SNAP PEA SALAD SUBSTITUTIONS:Use your favorite herbs and seasonings to spice things up!
Replace olive oil with flaxseed or avocado oil.
You're in control on the amount of dressing to add, so add a little to start and then more if needed.