Dr. Mike’s Power Cookie is one of the most popular recipes in the 17 Day Diet lifestyle. They are so versatile that you can have them for breakfast, dessert or a snack – your choice!
The best part? You can customize Dr. Mike’s Power Cookie and make it your own.
So, if you don’t like dried cherries, use any dried fruit you prefer; cranberries, blueberries, raisins, etc.
When you look at the ingredient list, don’t get discouraged. You may see ingredients that aren’t listed on the food list for the 17 Day Diet cycle you’re currently on…that’s ok.
You see, Dr. Mike believes that enjoying treats in moderation is fine. In fact, it helps you stay consistent on the 17 Day Diet.
Remember, this is about a lifestyle change rather than a short-lived diet that would be hard to maintain.
Dr. Mike’s Power Cookie Notes:
You can enjoy this recipe on ANY cycle of The 17 Day Diet. But, if you’re trying to lose weight, eat only one every few days, or wait until Cycle 2.
Dr. Mike's Power Cookie
- 1/3 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 2 tbsp almond paste 1 tsp of almond extract can be substituted for the almond paste
- 1 tbsp flaxseed oil you may also use olive or coconut oil
- 10 packets Truvia
- 1/4 cup Agave nectar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey powder
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together applesauce, almond paste, flaxseed oil, Truvia, and agave nectar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, pepper and whey powder. Beat thoroughly.
- Stir in oats, cherries and almonds. Mix well.
- Divide dough so that you have 18 cookies.
- Drop the batter by large tablespoons onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from oven. Cool and store in a plastic container.