Chicken nuggets are one of the few dishes that just about everyone can agree on. This is one dinner (or lunch!) that everyone in the family will enjoy.
You can modify this recipe based on your preferences too. If you like it spicy, consider using cayenne pepper, or ground ginger.
Need something to dip your nuggets into? Mix a little mustard, yogurt and some salt together – delicious!
Our favorite part of this dish? It’s a lean protein that’ll fill you up and won’t pack on the pounds.
Crispy Healthy Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound Chicken tenderloin
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt if using regular salt 1/4 tsp only
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 whole egg whisked
- 3 tsbp avocado oil may use flaxseed or olive oil
- Cut the chicken tenderloins into 1-2 inch bites sized pieces and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the almond flour, sea salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper and mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, crack eggs and whisk with fork.
- Heat a large frying pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the avocado oil.
- Take the chicken and dip into egg and coat well. Then dip into almond flour mixture and coat on all sides.
- Chicken will cook about 2-4 minutes on each side, or check until just cooked through. Make two batches in total. Adjust the heat to avoid burning the outside and add more oil to the pan if needed to for the second batch.
- Transfer to paper towel covered plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with fresh veggies and enjoy!
- You can double this recipe so you can have some extra chicken for leftovers.
- If you like it spicy, add a bit of cayenne pepper to the flour mixture.
- These nuggets work great on top of a large mixed green or romaine salad with cucumbers and tomatoes or serve with any 1-2 cups of veggies.