The 17 Day Diet Eggplant Parmesan recipe is a delish and comforting meal that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. You can also easily double the recipe and serve a delicious and healthy meal to guests, or enjoy leftovers for lunch. It’s also a perfect dish to take to a holiday dinner.
The best part – all the ingredients are approved for eating any time while living The 17 Day Diet lifestyle.
17 Day Diet Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 eggplant peeled
- 4 egg whites
- 4 tbsp water
- 1-2 tbsp parmesan cheese, fat-free or low-fat
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 cup low-carb Marinara sauce
- Vegetable oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a 13x9 baking sheet by spraying with vegetable spray - set aside.
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1⁄4 inch slices.
- In a shallow dish, beat egg whites and 4 tbsps water until foamy .
- Dip eggplant slices into egg whites, then into fat-free Parmesan cheese, pressing cheese into eggplant .
- Place eggplant on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic powder to taste.
- Spray vegetable cooking spray over eggplant slices.
- Bake 20 minutes & turn eggplant over.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Cover with 1 cup of marinara sauce.
- Return to the over and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until eggplant is piping hot and sauce is bubbly.
- Use homemade marinara sauce instead of store bought.
- Spice it up with your favorite herbs!
- Add some other veggies like onions or mushrooms.
If you would like more recipes and a FREE 7-day meal plan, claim your FREE copy below!