The 17 Day Diet Chicken Stew is both cozy and cream and the perfect winter comfort food. When it’s cold outside, this will warm you up.
If you like things a bit spicy, feel free to add a pinch (or two!) of cayenne, and if you’re not a fan of coconut milk, you can use water instead.
Need something to serve with your stew? A fresh green salad dressed with balsamic vinegar, or some cloud bread would do the trick!
As with any yummy stew, this dish tastes amazing the next day for lunch! And, you can enjoy this simply delish meal any time while living The 17 Day Diet lifestyle.
17 Day Diet Chicken Stew: Cozy & Creamy
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (chopped into bite sized pieces)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium/large Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups fat-free and low-sodium chicken broth organic if possible
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup unoiled, salt-free cashews
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 1/2 tsp sage, dried
- 1 tsp sea salt, fine
- fresh cracked pepper fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, carrots and celery until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the potatoes, chicken broth, sage, and thyme to your pot.
- Add chicken breasts and cook for 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Add coconut milk and cashews to a blender. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour cashew-coconut cream to the pot and stir well. Add salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serve in small crocks or your favorite soup bowl - enjoy!
- You can easily double this recipe so you can have some extra yummy leftovers for lunch.
- To reduce creaminess you can blend the cashews with 1/2 cup of water and leave out the coconut milk.
- Coconut milk and cashews can turn any soup into a cream based soup without the use of dairy. It is a rich and delicious replacement to heavy cream.